Just thought I would share some totally random thoughts and observations with everyone. After all, this blog consists of random thoughts from a random person, does it not? (read the header above)
- While walking the dog with my son tonight, he was telling me about who he was walking around the neighborhood with last night. He included one guy’s name (who I’ll call “Tim”). I said, “I thought you hated Tim.” My son replied, “I do.” “So why were you hanging out with him?” I asked. He just kind of sighed and said “You really need to learn about the new junior high, Dad.” I kind of laughed out loud. “What else can you tell me about the ‘new’ junior high?” I asked. His one word response was “sucks.” Maybe you had to be there.
- My old friend Stew Salowitz once posed the question, “why do powered sugar donuts taste cold when you bite into them?” To this day, I am still in search of the answer.
- Why the hell are people obsessed with Kim Kardashian? Sure, she’s hot looking, but so are half the women in my office, and I can see them face-to-face. She just seems to be such a lint-head. Now she was married for about a half-hour, and I read somewhere where her and her ex each made several thousand dollars on the whole thing. WTF?
- My kids ask a lot of questions, which I think is great. That means they want to learn more about the world around them, and quite frankly, it sometimes causes me to ponder certain things in life as well. On tonight’s afore-mentioned walk, my son started asking questions about death as we walked by the cemetery. He said he had heard that hair and fingernails keep growing after a body is dead and buried. I told him that I had no idea, but I would ask my friend Tim, who is a mortician. He then said something about people who donate their bodies for medical research and observed, “When they cut into your dead body, what if it still really hurts and you can’t say anything about it because you’re dead?” Could be.
- I was looking through a catalog we got in the mail today. I have no idea how we got on their mailing list. It was one of those “really cheap shit that no one would want to find under their Christmas tree” catalogs. For instance, it showed an attachment you could buy to put on the hose of your vacuum cleaner to clean out the lint filter. The lady who was demonstrating it in the photo was smiling as she was using it. Have you ever smiled while cleaning lint out of your dryer? Does anyone? No, because it’s a shit job that has to be done.
- In the same catalog, they have 4 or 5 different items that sport logos from NFL teams…shot glasses, mugs and some other piece-of-crap items. They list 12 teams to choose from, and it’s the same 12 for each item: Bears, Packers, Steelers, 49ers, etc. What’s wrong with that? Well, the last time I checked there were 32 freakin’ NFL teams, and one of them was the freakin’ Minnesota Vikings! Are they one of your “elite” 12 teams? Nupe! And one of the teams they list is the Cleveland Browns…the Cleveland fucking Browns! Never in my life have I EVER met a Cleveland Browns fan. I would almost rather burn this catalog than recycle it…it deserves to be burned.
- I’ve attached a Marvin Gaye video because I think he was one of the greatest artists that ever lived. ‘nuff said.